Yesterday, i went for round 3 (last rd) of interview for recruitment consultant at recruitexpress.
The person who's interviewing me is the CEO, a Mr Sim. I waited for him for abt 40mins. OK, dun really mind. Before i met him, i did a brief google search for "recruitexpress ceo" and it churned out some interesting things abt him. Apparently, he's niao (bird, aka sacarstic), etc. I figured that if he's niao to me during the interview, things shld get really interesting.
HE started the interview by saying that, oh, i'm from chinese high, therefore i muz be like the stereotypical chinese high boys that he heard abt. I asked him wat did he meant. He replied saying, oh, u know.. they are quite bo chup. WTF. I nonchalently replied that usually chinese high guys are quite smart, thus, they tend to be a bit laid-back in doing things and yet, they are able to produce spectacular results consistently.
He took a glance at my character readings ( i did some tests during round 1 and 2) and said that i'm easily influenced and lazy. WOW. Thats quite true sia. I slickly replied that i'm still young, dun have much work experience and i'm certainly not that arrogant to think that i know everything. I listen, i respect, and my brain is like a sponge, ever-willing to learn and take in new information. haha
He looked at the 'easily influenced chart' then glanced down at the 'self-respect chart', then turned to me and said, luckliy u have a great sense of self respect, if not .... I interrupted him and said, "...if not, i'll be a terrorist right?!" haha. He laughed and said i'm very smart (of course).
Well, we had an interesting discussion for 20+ mins, during which i gave as much as i received in terms of sarcacism, everything else. A most interesting and refreshing interview.
After the interview, i got this feeling that i wont get the job, not because of my own inability, but because of the ceo's insecurity cos he would be wary of pple like me who isnt scared to talk back at him or question his authority. Hahaah.
=================================
Today, i received a call from HR of recruit express. They wanted me to come down and sign the contract (min 2 mins, if not muz pay penalty) asap. I made an appointment for friday 9.30am at taka. Well, guess i'm wrong after all....
Still hopefully awaiting for the stanchart offer, though i muz admit the recruitexpress job looks more and more enticing each day.
btw: tang's looking for management trainee, me applying later after jogging.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment