Job hunting fever is running hot nowadays, to me at least.
It's been a fantastic 2 mth hiatus from school work, exams et al. I went for 3 holidays: 1 in taiwan, 1 in malaysia and 1 in NUS. Met lots of new friends, slacked each and every day, attended friend's commencement / convocations, hanged out in too much coffee-clubs and shopping malls. Heck, i even went jb for cheap see-foot and to numerous bowling alleys to 'throw money down the drain'. Real fun, i tell you.
Now, I have to be more serious about my life. The days of slacking and temp-ing till sch re-starts are over. I gonna pay the 13.7k school fees in August, and some of my friends have already found jobs liao. I'm getting sian and fed-up that I haven't found the job that i want. WAIT A MOMENT! What job do I want? Fact is, I dunno.. yet.
In JC, i wanted to go into Banking and Finance. The reason is that it pays a lot mah. JP Morgan, it has been rumoured, pays up to 11mths of bonus a few years ago. Personal trainer (the best gets paid up to 100 / hr), FX trader, pilot, chicken rice seller, all these i have considered at length at some point in time. Fact is, I still dunno what i want to be. I only knew one truth: Thou shalt make lots of money. I know my end result, but i dunno how to get there.
And so, after 3 largely uneventful and fun years, i graduated with a degree. So what?? It's no passport to a successful and (financially) rewarding career. I'm faced with a few choices now: should i get a MCSE, and further my career in IT. Or shld i go into SALES, where there are jobs a-plenty. How about my long-time dream to start my own biz? It's not even lack of resources now. It's a lack of ideas. I simply dunno what to do if i were to start a biz. What shld i sell, be it products or services. Probably that's why I need to work. The exposure and experience, not to mention the money that i should have saved up should help me in my future biz endeavours.
Fun, i had enough liao. I must seriously work hard now. And it starts with paying off my tuition fees loan.
Monday, July 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment